Requiring of us a song...

Even when by the rivers of Babylon

Yeah we wept, Yeah Father, we are suffering as we see this Great Babylon, and we remember Zion
We do not want to be near this Great Mystery Babylon, We cry out to you and say we remember Zion, we do want to be in Zion.  

Please Father, please, we sit here and cry, we sit here and suffer, oh Father, we need you.

Please Father, we do not want our bones to be dry.
We do not want our heart to grow cold with all this evil of man which rocks us and makes us want to hate and retaliate. 
We know you are our Father, our God, our King, we call out to our dead hearts and dry bones to come ALIVE even in the ashes of the destruction, the ashes from the trial, from the evil.  Only you.  Only you is who we want.  We want hearts that forgive.
One like yours.  One that is kind, and gives us grace.  That gives us forgiveness without a price.
I'm not going back.  Whatever it takes.  Let me be your overcomer.  I've been changed.  I'm yours.  Keep me in your way, and let not temptation win in these thy last days.  Have your way with me Father.  I am yours.  This is my desire, to you alone.

 

Comments