Bible Study: "Should Christians Celebrate Christmas?"



"Should Christians Celebrate Christmas?"

Before I use The Sacred Scriptures to start answering this question, I want you to watch and listen carefully to the following video:


* What do you think of this response?
* Do you like and are you satisfied with the answer?
* Would you support this answer or idea?

Now we must read the Holy Scriptures to see if it is right that we celebrate Christmas.

I will start by saying that it is not "Religiosity" but "Koinonia" and that is why it is to please the other before I please myself.  

The words of Yeshuah in the vigil, in the intercessory prayer, before being a prisoner were and before being promoted to heaven:

John 14:

15 If ye loue me, keepe my commandements.

16 And I will pray the Father, and hee shall giue you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for euer,

17 Euen the Spirit of trueth, whom the world cannot receiue, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him, for hee dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I wil not leaue you comfortlesse, I will come to you.

19 Yet a litle while, and the world seeth me no more: but ye see me, because I liue, ye shall liue also.

20 At that day ye shall know, that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandements, and keepeth them, hee it is that loueth me: and he that loueth me shall be loued of my Father, and I will loue him, and will manifest my selfe to him.

22 Iudas saith vnto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thy selfe vnto vs, and not vnto the world?

23 Iesus answered, and saide vnto him, If a man loue mee, he will keepe my wordes: and my Father will loue him, and wee will come vnto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loueth mee not, keepeth not my sayings, and the word which you heare, is not mine, but the Fathers which sent mee.


John 17:

9 I pray for them, I pray not for the world: but for them which thou hast giuen me, for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine: and I am glorified in them.

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine owne Name, those whom thou hast giuen mee, that they may bee one, as we are.

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy Name: those that thou gauest me, I haue kept, and none of them is lost, but the sonne of perdition: that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

13 And now come I to thee, and these things I speake in the world, that they might haue my ioy fulfilled in themselues.

14 I haue giuen them thy word, and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, euen as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keepe them from the euill.

16 They are not of the world, euen as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctifie them through thy trueth: thy word is trueth.

18 As thou hast sent mee into the world: euen so haue I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctifie my selfe, that they also might be sanctified through the trueth.


The Everlasting Father said to Yisrael through Moses and prophets :
Numbers  35:

34 Defile not therefore the lande which yee shall inhabite, wherein I dwell: for I the Lord dwell among the children of Israel.

Deuteronomy 11:

7 But your eyes haue seene all the great acts of the Lord, which he did.

8 Therefore shall yee keepe all the Commandements which I command you this day, that ye may be strong and goe in, and possesse the land whither ye goe to possesse it:

9 And that yee may prolong your dayes in the lande which the Lord sware vnto your fathers to giue vnto them, and to their seed, a land that floweth with milke and hony.

Jeremiah    10:

1 Heare ye the word which the Lord speaketh vnto you, O house of Israel.

2 Thus sayeth the Lord, Learne not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signes of heauen, for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customes of the people are vaine: for one cutteth a tree out of the forrest (the worke of the handes of the workeman) with the axe.

4 They decke it with siluer and with golde, they fasten it with nayles, and with hammers that it mooue not.

5 They are vpright as the palme tree, but speake not: they must needes bee borne, because they cannot goe: be not afraid of them, for they cannot doe euil, neither also is it in them to doe good.

 
Hosea 4:

6 My people are destroyed for lacke of knowledge: because thou hast reiected knowledge, I will also reiect thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the lawe of thy God, I wil also forget thy children.


You are free to choose the path where you want to walk, but I want you to know:

Deuteronomy 11:

26 Behold, I set before you this day, a blessing and a curse:

27 A blessing, if ye obey the Commandements of the Lord your God which I command you this day:

28 And a curse, if ye will not obey the Commandements of the Lord your God, but turne aside out of the way, which I command you this day, to goe after other gods which yee haue not knowen.


  Isaiah 29:

13 ¶ Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw neere mee with their mouth, and with their lips doe honour me, but haue remoued their heart farre from me, and their feare towards mee is taught by the precept of men:


Deuteronomy 30:

15 ¶ See, I haue set before thee this day, life and good, and death, and euill:

16 In that I command thee this day to loue the Lord thy God, to walke in his wayes, and to keepe his Commandements, and his Statutes, and his Iudgements, that thou maiest liue and multiply: and the Lord thy God shall blesse thee in the land, whither thou goest to possesse it.

17 But if thine heart turne away, so that thou wilt not heare, but shalt bee drawen away, and worship other gods and serue them:

18 I denounce vnto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that yee shall not prolong your dayes vpon the land, whither thou passest ouer Iordan, to goe to possesse it.

19 I call heauen and earth to record this day against you, that I haue set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may liue:


1 Peter 1:

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy, for I am holy.


Matthew 6:

24 ¶ No man can serue two masters: for either he will hate the one and loue the other, or else hee will holde to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serue God and Mammon.


Revelation 3:

15 I know thy workes, that thou art neither cold nor hot, I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarme, and neither cold nor hot, I wil spew thee out of my mouth:


More clear than that, I cannot do it.

Do you still want to continue celebrating Christmas?

James 4:

17 Therefore to him that knoweth to doe good, and doth it not, to him it is sinne.






Comments